In Broth or Bouillon
Fish fondue recipes don't have to be high in calories and fat to be high in flavor! Try this bouillabaisse fondue with a variety of fish such as halibut or trout and add some seafood too.
You'll find the fondue broth recipe as well as an assortment of recommended seafood fondue dippers on this page.
You can also turn it into a shrimp fondue recipe if you are not a big fan of fish.
Seafood Fondue Recipe with Fish and Shrimp
|10 ml||(2 tsp)||Olive Oil|
|250 ml||(1 cup)||Fennel, Chopped|
|250 ml||(1 cup)||Onion, Chopped|
|2||Garlic Cloves, Thinly Sliced|
|1000 ml||(4 cups)||Chicken or Vegetable Stock|
|1 Can||Diced Stewed Tomatoes|
|250 ml||(1 cup)||Dry White Wine|
|To Taste||Salt and Pepper|
|To Taste||Worcestershire Sauce|
|250 g||(1/2 lb)||Scallops|
|250 g||(1/2 lb)||Shrimp, De-veined and Shelled|
|250 g||(1/2 lb)||Halibut or Other Firm-Flesh Fish|
|15||Baby Red Potatoes|
|2 or 3||Seafood Fondue Dips|
1. In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil and stir-fry the fennel, onion, and garlic for about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken stock, stewed tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
4. Rinse the scallops, shrimp, and fish.
5. Pat the fish and seafood dry and cut into bite-sized pieces. Cut the scallops into thin coins about 3 mm (1/4 inch thick).
6. Arrange seafood and fish on serving plates and keep refrigerated until fondue starts.
7. In a medium pot, bring water to a boil and cook the potatoes into bite-sized pieces until tender.
8. Remove the potatoes from the water and arrange on serving plates. Keep refrigerated until fondue time.
9. When you are ready to get started, light the fondue burner, and adjust the heat.
10. Strain and transfer the broth into your fondue pot.
Keep the extra broth in a pot on the stovetop on low heat to replenish as needed.
11. Adjust the heat to maintain the broth to the right temperature. If it's too hot, it will evaporate quickly, and if it's not hot enough, your food will take a long time to cook.
13. Transfer the cooked dipper onto your plate and use a regular fork to dip it into one of the seafood fondue dips.
14. Enjoy and repeat! Refill the fondue pot with more broth as it evaporates or gets absorbed by the dippers.
Make sure to use the right kind of fondue pot.