This cheese fondue recipe is very similar to the traditional Swiss fondue recipe, except that it only requires one type of cheese, and Kirsch has been replaced with Brandy.
If you don’t have Brandy on hand, you can use lemon juice instead.
You’ll need about 30 minutes to prepare this meal.
Simple Classic Cheese Fondue Recipe
|450 g||(1 lb)||Swiss cheese|
|45 ml||(3 Tbsp)||Flour|
|1||Garlic clove, cut in half|
|375 ml||(1 1/2 cup)||Dry white wine|
|15 ml||(1 Tbsp)||Brandy (or lemon juice)|
|2 ml||(1/2 tsp)||Ground nutmeg|
|2 ml||(1/2 tsp)||Ground black pepper|
|Bite-sized pieces of French baguette (dippers)|
Cheese Fondue Instructions
1. Grate the cheese and mix with flour. Set aside.
2. Rub the inside of your cheese fondue pot with garlic, then discard.
3. Over low heat, warm up the wine but do not let it boil. Add Brandy.
4. Gradually add the shredded cheese (one handful at a time) and stir with a wooden spoon to melt.
5. If the mixture is too thin, add more cheese. If it’s too thick, add more wine.
6. Add nutmeg and pepper to taste.
7. Dip pieces of bread into the delicious cheese mixture.
8. Enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
If you liked this fondue recipe, feel free to try the other easy cheese fondue recipes listed in our navigation sub-menu.