This cheese fondue recipe offers a pleasant and refreshing twist on the typical Swiss fondue. It contains avocado puree and sour cream and will remind you of guacamole.
You can try this different yet easy fondue recipe when you have a group of friends over.
Fondue Cheese Sauce Recipe
|1||Garlic clove, cut in half|
|175 ml||(3/4 cup)||Dry white wine|
|750 ml||(3 cups)||Edam cheese or other light and nutty-flavored cheese, shredded|
|45 ml||(3 tbsp)||Lemon juice|
|60 ml||(1/4 cup)||Light Sour Cream|
|30 ml||(2 tbsp)||Cornstarch|
|To Taste||Salt and Pepper|
|To Taste||Hot Sauce|
1. Rub the inside of your fondue pot with garlic, then discard.
2. Over low heat, warm up the wine.
3. Once the wine is hot but before it starts to boil, gradually add the shredded cheese and melt it all. Reduce the heat and have someone stir the cheese mixture.
4. Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop out the flesh and mash it in a separate bowl.
5. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
6. Add the sour cream and cornstarch to the avocado puree and mix well.
7. Transfer the avocado mix to the cheese fondue pot and mix well. If the mixture is too thin, add more cheese. If it's too thick, add more sour cream or white wine.
8. Add the salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.
9. Adjust the heat to maintain the cheese fondue warm but not too hot.
10. Dip your pieces of bread, vegetables and cooked meat into the delicious cheese and avocado mixture.
11. Enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
Here are a few dippers that you can use with this fondue recipe:
- French Bread
- Tortilla chips
- Cooked Chicken
- Steamed Broccoli
- Cooked shrimp
If you feel that something else would taste great in this fondue cheese sauce recipe, go ahead and try it. But make sure to get the right equipment for your fondue recipes.
If you liked this fondue recipe, you can check out the other easy cheese fondue recipes we've included on bestfondue.com.