Like Brie? Why not try this brie fondue. You could serve this fondue au fromage as an appetizer or as a dessert, the way the French serve their cheese at the end of the meal.
Imported cheese and fondue are a match made in heaven, particularly in this cheese fondue recipe that has just enough sweetness to make you want to have more and more.
Buy a fondue pot and follow the fondue recipe below:
Fondue Recipe with a New Cheese: Brie Fondue
|220 g||(8 oz)||Brie cheese, outer crust removed and cubed|
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Flour|
|175 ml||(3/4 cup)||Dry White Wine|
|5 ml||(1 tsp)||Cinnamon|
|1 ml||(1/4 tsp)||Nutmeg|
|45 ml||(3 tbsp)||Brown Sugar|
|To Taste||Salt and Pepper|
|30 ml||(2 tbsp)||Brandy|
|Dippers: crusty bread, grapes, apple slices, toast, cooked ham|
1. In a medium bowl, mix the cubed Brie with the flour. Set aside.
2. Turn on the burner on low and warm up the wine in the fondue pot. Do not let it boil.
3. Add the fondue cheese, one hand full at a time. Increase the temperature a little but don't let the mixture boil.
4. With a wooden spoon, mix well and stir regularly.
5. When all cheese has been added and the mixture is smooth, add the cinnamon. nutmeg, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Do not let the fondue boil.
6. Add the brandy, mix well and serve. If the mixture is too hard, add wine. If the brie fondue is too runny, add more cheese.
7. Dip your pieces of bread and other dippers.
8. Enjoy and repeat. Keep an eye on the burner and adjust it to maintain a high enough temperature to allow the cheese fondue to remain liquid without being too high that it burns at the bottom.
Note: You will need to keep stirring the fondue throughout the meal.
Fondue Pot for Brie Fondue
If your fondue pot is old, you might want to get a new electrical fondue pot for this fondue recipe. I recommend that you get a versatile, 3 in 1, fondue pot that you can use for chocolate fondue, cheese fondue and meat fondue in either hot oil or broth.
I recommend the Trudeau Alto 3 In 1 Electric Fondue Set shown here. It's electrical so you won't need to buy or worry about running out of fondue fuel anymore! Wonderful, isn't it? And the fire hazard is taken care of as well!