This cheese and ham fondue will surprise your guests.
You will need to shop for these specialty ingredients ahead of time, but this cheese fondue recipe is well worth it!
Learning how to make cheese fondue is pretty straight forward. Simply follow the instructions below:
Cheese and Ham Fondue Recipe with Porcini Mushrooms
|25 g||(1 oz)||Dried Porcini Mushroom|
|250 ml||(1 cup)||Hot Water|
|2||Garlic cloves, minced|
|300 ml||(1 1/4 cups)||Lemonade (or white wine)|
|10 ml||(2 tsp)||Cornstarch|
|500 ml||(2 cups)||Gruyere Cheese, Grated|
|500 ml||(2 cups)||Swiss Cheese, Grated|
|To Taste||Salt and Pepper|
|Pieces of ham slices as Dippers|
1. Let the dried mushrooms soak in the hot water for about 30 minutes.
2. Once the mushrooms get soft, take them out of the water and chop them finely.
3. Strain the water and pour it into a large pot.
4. Over medium heat, simmer the mushroom water with garlic and chopped mushrooms until all water is absorbed or evaporated.
5. Mix 15 ml (1 tbsp) of lemonade with cornstarch and set aside.
6. Add the rest of the lemonade to the pot and let it simmer while adding the cheese, one handful at a time.
7. Gradually add the cornstarch mixture that you had set aside and season with spices of your choice.
8. Once all the ingredients are warmed up and well mixed, transfer the mixture into your cheese fondue pot.
9. If your mixture is too thick, add more lemonade. If the mixture is too runny, add more cheese.
10. Carefully light the fondue burner and adjust the heat to maintain the cheese fondue warm but not too hot.
11. Put a piece of ham onto a fondue fork and dip it into the cheese mixture.
If you liked this recipe, you will probably enjoy the other cheese fondue recipes we've included on this site (browse using our navigation menu and sub-menu).