You can adjust the taste a little by choosing extra old cheddar or mild cheddar and mozzarella will soften the overall flavor. Feel free to add another fondue cheese of your choice to mix things up!
Take out your fondue set and let's make cheese fondue!
Cheese Fondue Recipe
|250 ml||(1 cup)||Old Cheddar|
|250 ml||(1 cup)||Mozzarella|
|10 ml||(2 tsp)||Flour|
|250 ml||(1 cup)||Dry White Wine|
|2 ml||(1/2 tsp)||Garlic Powder|
|To Taste||Salt and Pepper|
|Dippers: crusty bread, cooked ham, cooked sausage, etc.|
1. Shred the cheddar and mozzarella and place in a medium bowl.
2. Add the flour and mix well. Set aside.
3. Turn on the burner on medium and heat up the wine in the fondue pot. Do not let it boil.
4. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper and mix well.
5. Add the cheese mixture gradually, one hand full at a time. Let it melt before adding more. Stir constantly.
6. Once all the cheese is melted, taste and add spices if needed. If the mixture is too runny, add more cheese. If the fondue mixture is too hard, add more wine.
7. Dip your pieces of bread and other dippers into the delicious cheese fondue.
8. Enjoy and repeat. Keep stirring the cheese throughout your fondue event
Pot for Your Cheddar Cheese Fondue
For those thinking about buying a fondue pot, I recommend the NutriChef Cooker Electric Fondue Melting Pot
You can use it for any cheese or chocolate fondue.