It makes for a perfect treat for a cool summer night when you have fresh strawberries at hand. The recipe shown here is for a strawberry fondue, but you can adjust it to reflect the type of fruit that is in season.
|500 ml||(2 cups)||Fresh strawberries, washed|
|300 ml||(1 1/4 cup)||Cream, 35%|
|125 ml||(1/2 cup)||Icing Sugar|
|45 ml||(3 tbsp)||Milk|
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Corn Starch|
|2 ml||(1/2 tsp)||Vanilla|
|Assortment of Dippers|
1. In a bowl, puree the strawberries.
2. In a saucepan on low heat, warm up the cream.
3. Gradually add the sugar and strawberry puree.
4. In a separate bowl, dilute the corn starch into the milk.
5. Add the corn starch/milk to the saucepan and mix well.
6. Let the mixture thicken and add the vanilla.
7. Pour the strawberry fondue into a warm dessert fondue pot.
8. Dip bite-sized pieces of various dippers.
9. Enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
Typically, the fruit pieces are dipped into chocolate or caramel. This time, feel free to dip fruit or other desserts into the strawberry fondue. Try some of these:
Do you prefer raspberries over strawberries? Go ahead and experiment with the previous recipe or browse through raspberry recipes at Raspberry Depot, where you’ll find hundreds of free, easy raspberry recipes with pictures, information on how to grow raspberries, raspberry nutritional information and more.