Dip Eggnog Pound Cake in Chocolate Fondue
Eggnog Fondue Recipe
Winter holidays are a great reason to indulge in rich decadent food, and this eggnog fondue recipe definitely falls in this category!
Technically speaking, you’ll be using the basic ingredients normally found in eggnog (milk, eggs, rum, vanilla, nutmeg, etc.) to bake your very own homemade pound cake, then you’ll cut it up into bite-sized pieces and dip it into decadent Toblerone chocolate fondue.
No store-bought eggnog required – unless you’d like to serve it as a drink along with this delicious dessert fondue!
Eggnog Pound Cake Recipe
|250 ml||(1 cup)||Sugar|
|125 ml||(1/2 cup)||Butter (softened)|
|10 ml||(2 tsp)||Rum|
|5 ml||(1 tsp)||Vanilla|
|175 ml||(3/4 cup)||Milk|
|425 ml||(1 3/4 cup)||All-purpose flour|
|10 ml||(2 tsp)||Baking powder|
|2 ml||(1/2 tsp)||Nutmeg|
|4 ml||(3/4 tsp)||Salt|
|If you want to dip into Toblerone chocolate fondue, you’ll also need Toblerone chocolate, 35% cream, and Kahlua (optional). See complete recipe here).|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and grease and flour a bread pan (9″ X 5″ X 3″ or 23 cm X 13 cm X 8 cm).
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on low speed, beat sugar, egg yolks, butter, rum, and vanilla for 30 seconds and scrape bowl constantly. Then, beat on high speed for 5 minutes while occasionally scraping the bowl.
3. Alternate between adding milk and adding flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Beat in well on low speed.
4. Pour into pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick (inserted in center) comes out clean.
5. Let your eggnog pound cake cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
6. You can prepare this cake up to 2 days ahead of time (keep covered at room temperature).
7. Just before serving as dippers for your Toblerone chocolate fondue, cut into 1″ (2.5 cm) cubes.
Note: If you’re feeling particularly adventurous or are looking for a high-calorie dessert, you can try this deep-fried ice-cream and pound cake fondue recipe.
This eggnog pound cake makes great dippers for any chocolate fondue recipes. Feel free to experiment with any of the recipes listed on our sitemap.
Looking for something different? Want to dip things into eggnog? Try this eggnog fondue recipe.