This caramel rum fondue recipe is relatively easy to make and will please your guests, especially if they are big caramel lovers like I am.
Caramel Fondue Recipe
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Cornstarch|
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Rum|
|250 ml||(1 cup)||Granulated Sugar|
|250 ml||(1 cup)||Milk|
|60 ml||(4 tbsp)||Boiling Water|
|5 ml||(1 tsp)||Vanilla|
|Assortment of Fondue Dippers|
1. In a bowl, dilute the cornstarch into the rum and set aside.
2. In a small pot over medium heat, melt the granulated sugar until it is fully liquefied.
3. In a saucepan over low heat, mix the milk, egg yolks, and cornstarch mixture.
4. Stir constantly until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency.
5. Add the boiling water to the liquefied sugar and mix well.
6. Pour the diluted sugar mixture into the saucepan. Your caramel mixture may solidify again.
7. Over low heat, continue stirring the caramel mixture until it is fully melted again.
8. Pour the content into your warm fondue pot and mix in the vanilla.
9. Dip bite-sized pieces of various dippers.
10. Enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
Note: If your fondue tends to solidify again, add a little more rum.
For this caramel fondue, try any of these fondue dippers:
- Apple slices
- Peach slices
- Vanilla wafers
- Pound cake pieces
- Doughnut pieces
- Chocolate pieces
- Assorted nuts
RecipeDirect.Net – Your Complete Recipe Source: Recipes, Cooking Tips and Cooking Videos. We are a Network of families and friends pooling generations of knowledge and Recipes Direct from our family to yours.