Mushroom and Cheese Fondue Recipe
I don't know how I came across this mushroom and cheese fondue recipe, but it's really good, especially if you like Brie fondue. Shiitake mushrooms add a new earthy flavor to this dish.
Let's get those ingredients out and get cooking!
Stuff you'll need
– a cheese fondue pot
– lots of bread dippers
– 25 g (about 1 oz) dried Porcini mushrooms soaked in a cup of water to soften (keep the water)
– 30 ml (2 tablespoons) margarine or butter
– 30 ml (2 tablespoons) onions, diced
– 225 g (8 oz) shiitake mushroom tops, diced
– 250 ml (1 cup) dry white wine
– 450 g (1 lb) Brie cheese, cubed
– 30 ml (2 tablespoons) flour
How to make cheese fondue:
1- Once the Porcini mushrooms are soft, cut into small cubes, and strain the water (set aside).
2- In a medium pot, melt margarine and brown the onions with the shiitake mushrooms for about 3 minutes.
3- Add the porcini mushrooms and water and simmer until all the water evaporates.
4- Add wine and reduce heat to medium.
5- In a separate bowl, cover the cheese with the flour, then melt it gradually into the warm wine and mushroom mixture.
6- Mix well until it's all melted and season to taste (salt, pepper, chili pepper, etc.)
7- Transfer to a warm fondue pot and dip pieces of bread into the pot.
There you have it: a delicious mushroom and cheese fondue recipe.
If you are looking for a great companion dessert recipe, I recommend this minty chocolate fondue.