Try this Brie fondue recipe next time you have a get together with friends. Although I received this recipe from a friend, I was recently informed that it may have been greatly inspired by one of the fondue recipes in the book Fondue: Great Food To Dip, Dunk, Savor, And Swirl by Rick Rodgers. As such, I recommend you encourage the author and pick up lots of other fondue recipes that he recommends.
This cheese and garlic cheese fondue will certainly please your friends and family and fill them up, especially if you serve it with lots of French bread and steamed vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus or even fresh cherry or grape tomatoes.
To be a little innovative, you can also use cooked meat or seafood. Are you ready to make this delicious cheese fondue?
Cheese Fondue Dip
|60 ml||(1/4 cup)||Chopped, fresh basil leaves|
|1||Minced garlic clove|
|60 ml||(1/4 cup)||Grated Parmesan cheese|
|60 ml||(1/4 cup)||Dry white wine (for pesto)|
|150 ml||(3/4 cup)||Dry white wine|
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||White wine vinegar|
|450g||(1 lb)||Diced and softened Brie cheese (without the rind)|
|30 ml||(2 tbsp)||Cornstarch|
|To Taste||Salt, Pepper and Chili Powder|
|Pieces of bread or vegetables for Dippers|
1. In a blender or food processor, create home-made pesto by blending the basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese and 60 ml (1/4 cup) of wine. Set it aside for now.
2. In a medium pot, pour the rest of the white wine along with the vinegar and let them simmer.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the cubed Brie with cornstarch.
4. Gradually transfer the cheese mixture into the simmering wine and vinegar mixture.
5. Gradually add the pesto and mix well.
6. Add salt, pepper and chili powder to taste.
7. Once all the ingredients are warmed up and well mixed, transfer the mixture into your cheese fondue pot.
8. If your mixture is too thick, add more wine. If the mixture is too runny, add more cheese.
9. Carefully light the fondue burner
and adjust the heat to maintain the cheese fondue warm but not too hot.
10. Put a piece of bread, vegetable or cooked meat onto a fondue fork and dip it into the cheese mixture.
If you like cheese fondue, check out the other delicious recipes we've included on our site (browse using the menu).