Having a theme party? Try this fiesta cheese fondue recipe. It goes well with beer, tequila, or margaritas.
The old Swiss cheese fondue with a Mexican kick. Bring out the Mariachi, your party is waiting!
Mexican Fiesta Fondue Recipe
|250 ml||(1 cup)||Mexican beer (Corona, Sol, or Dos Equis are great)|
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Lemon Juice|
|45 ml||(3 tbsp)||Chili peppers, chopped (seeded if you don’t like it too spicy)|
|45 ml||(3 tbsp)||Mild green pepper, seeded and chopped|
|550 g||(1 lb)||Monterey Jack cheese, shredded|
|30 ml||(2 tbsp)||Flour|
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Fresh cilantro, chopped|
|2 ml||(1/2 tsp)||Cumin|
|2 ml||(1/2 tsp)||Paprika|
1. Pour the beer into the pot and turn on the burner.
2. With the burner on high, let the beer foam, then add the lemon juice.
3. Reduce heat and add the chili peppers and mild pepper.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the cheese and flour.
5. Gradually incorporate the cheese flour mixture into the beer and lemon juice.
6. Add remaining ingredients to your cheese fondue pot.
7. Add pepper to taste.
8. If the mixture is too hard, add beer. If the mixture is too soft, add cheese.
9. Dip tortilla chips, tomato wedges, pepperoni slices, or avocado slices.
10. Let the dipped pieces cool off for a few seconds, then enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
Note: Feel free to adjust the spiciness of this recipe based on the taste of your guests.
If you liked this fiesta cheese fondue recipe, you’ll like these other cheese fondue recipes and those listed on our sitemap.