Meat Fondue Recipe:
Pork can also be used in your meat fondue recipe.
Here are two suggestions on how to have pork fondue: in hot (and healthy) broth or in hot oil.
Don’t forget to prepare fondue dips.
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Vegetable oil|
|1||Garlic clove, crushed|
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|2 L||(8 cups)||Water|
|Pork bouillon cubes or concentrate|
|1||Tomato, finely chopped|
|2 ml||(1/2 tsp)||Freshly ground pepper|
|2 ml||(1/2 tsp)||Salt|
|250 ml||(1 cup)||White wine|
|150 g/person||1/3 lb/person||Thinly sliced pork for dipping|
1. In a large pot, warm the oil and cook the garlic and onion until soft.
2. Add the water, bring to a boil and add enough pork bouillon cubes for 2L (8 cups) of broth.
3. Lower the heat and add the vegetables, spices, and wine.
4. Cook on low heat for about 3 hours. Add more water as needed.
5. Filter the broth and refrigerate.
6. Prior to serving, remove the fat that has hardened on the surface.
7. Warm up the broth on the stovetop.
8. Pour into your fondue pot and adjust the heat.
9. Roll a small piece of pork onto your fondue fork and cook for a few seconds or minutes, depending on how you like your meat.
10. Enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
Note: If you can’t find pork broth for this meat fondue recipe, feel free to use other types such as tomato or vegetable broth.
|1 L||(4 cups)||Vegetable or peanut oil|
|150 g/person||1/3 lb/person||Marinated pork cubes, with bones and extra fat removed for dipping|
1. Marinate your pork into the marinade of your choice for up to 3 hours.
2. Place the pork pieces on paper towel to absorb all remaining marinade.
3. Fill your fondue pot to about 1/2 full or up to 2/3 full if your pot has a built-in splash guard.
4. Make sure that the pot is located in a spot where it won’t have to be moved until your meal is over.
5. Light up the fondue burner and wait until the oil has reached 185C (365F). A piece of bread will turn brown in less than 30 seconds when the oil has reached this temperature.
6. Put a piece of meat on your fork and dip it in the hot oil for a few minutes.
7. When the meat is cooked, let it cool for a few seconds.
8. Dip it in one of the fondue dips.
9. Enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
Make sure to prepare at least three dips that go with this meat fondue recipe.