This recipe for meat fondue is something different.
Try it during your next fondue bourguignonne or hot oil fondue.
Make sure to prepare at least three fondue dips for your guests.
|10 ml||(2 tsp)||Sesame oil|
|5 ml||(1 tsp)||Fresh ginger, finely chopped|
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Green onion, finely chopped|
|10 ml||(2 tsp)||Soy sauce|
|15 ml||(1 tbsp)||Sesame seeds|
|30 ml||(2 tbsp)||Fine bread crumbs|
|450 g||(1 lb)||Ground pork|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
1. In a bowl, beat the egg.
2. Add the other ingredients, except for the peanut oil.
3. Shape into balls. Keep the meatballs refrigerated until fondue time.
4. Heat the peanut oil in your fondue pot. Make sure to not fill it to more than 1/2 of its capacity.
5. Let your meatball cook into the hot oil for a few minutes.
6. Let the meatball cool off for a few minutes. Enjoy and repeat!
There are special tools that should be used when having meatball fondues. They look like Wire Mesh Spoons.
You can try using forks but your meatballs will likely fall apart.
You should be able to find these spoons or wire mesh tools in most Asian grocery stores. If you can't find the right equipment, you can carefully use a stainless steel slotted spoon that can resist high temperatures.
Don't forget to follow this meatball dip recipe for meat fondue to create dips to accompany the cooked meatballs.