Do you have a romantic dinner coming up? Why don’t you try this easy chocolate fondue recipe.
It’s pretty much a guaranteed success unless your significant other does not like chocolate.
Make sure to use the right fondue equipment and to not overheat the chocolate.
Feel free to improvise and add a few touches of your own or try one of these chocolate fondue recipes listed on our sitemap.
Basic Chocolate Fondue Recipe
|125 ml||(1/2 cup)||Water|
|250 g||(1/2 lb)||Dark Chocolate|
|100 g||(3.5 oz)||Milk Chocolate|
|300 ml||(1 1/4 cup)||Cream, 35%|
|Assortment of Chocolate Dippers|
1. In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil, then discard. Do not dry the saucepan.
2. Pour the cream in the saucepan and heat over medium heat until it is hot (about 2 minutes).
3. Add the dark and milk chocolate and stir until it melts and has a smooth texture.
4. Add the marshmallows and stir.
5. Transfer to you warm chocolate fondue pot or melting pot.
6. Dip bite-sized pieces of chocolate dippers.
7. Enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
Chocolate Fondue Dippers
Most fruits make excellent dippers when cut into small pieces but you don’t have to limit yourself to fruit. The most commonly used chocolate fondue dippers are:
- Strawberries, whole or half if large strawberries
- Banana slices
- Grapes, whole
- Cherries, whole
- Pound cake, bite-sized pieces
- Orange, quarters
- Pineapple, bite-sized pieces
- Apple slices
- Kiwi slices
- Pear slices
- Doughnuts, bite-sized pieces
- Croissants, bite-sized pieces
- Melon (honeydew, watermelon, cantaloupe), sliced or scooped in bite-sized pieces
If none of your guests are allergic to nuts, you can also offer a selection of pecans, almonds, etc.
If this easy chocolate fondue recipe has put you in a romantic mood and got you thinking about French cuisine and other luscious desserts, then check out these famous French food ideas and easy French food recipes.
Why not have solar energy melt your chocolate fondue perfectly outdoors? Try these great Crockpot and slow cooker recipes outdoors using only the sun!