This chocolate praline fondue recipe and post was written and shared by Terri from Atlantic City, NJ
When I was in culinary school, I studied under an exceptionally talented pastry chef, who had been educated in his native Holland. One day he demonstrated how to make fantastic chocolate and hazelnut truffle he called “pralinais”. The recipe for these included a type of imported hazelnut paste that I haven’t been able to find since; however, I was able to recreate the taste of those memorable candies in this fondue.
Ingredients for this Tasty Chocolate Praline Fondue
12 oz. heavy cream
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
2 oz. milk chocolate
4 oz. Nutella hazelnut spread
2 T. Frangelico liqueur
½ t. best quality vanilla extract
3 lbs. fresh fruit and/or cake, cut into bite-sized pieces
1. Finely chop the semi-sweet and milk chocolate.
2. Heat the cream in a heavy saucepan until it comes to a simmer. Remove from heat, add the chopped chocolate, and mix, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is melted.
3. Place the Nutella in a heat-safe mixing bowl and gradually add the cream mixture, whisking until smooth.
4. Return mixture to saucepan, and stir in the Frangelico and vanilla extract.
5. Adjust the consistency by adding additional heavy cream, if necessary.
6. Warm over medium-low heat just until heated through.
7. Transfer to a fondue pot and serve.
Serves: 6 (making it perfect for a fondue party or dessert with friends)
If you are having a party and not sure how to go about it, read about how to plan a fondue party here.
If you don’t have Frangelico liquor, any hazelnut flavored liquor will do!