Have a delicious chocolate rum fondue dessert tonight. It’s easy to make and you can serve it with an assortment of fresh fruit, angel food cake, marshmallows, cookies, and pretty much anything else that you would like to eat covered in chocolate.
How to Make Fondue
Making this dessert recipe is easy as pie. You don’t have to prepare it ahead of time, and you can even ask your guests to help you prepare the fruit and other dippers as you melt the chocolate and the rest of the ingredients for the dessert fondue.
|200 g||(7 oz)||Semi-Sweet Chocolate|
|30 ml||(2 tbsp)||Butter|
|125 ml||(1/2 cup)||Whipping Cream (35%)|
|30 ml||(2 tbsp)||Plain Yogurt|
|22 ml||(1 1/2 tbsp)||White Rum|
|Fresh banana, strawberries, apples, clementines, cookies, etc. as dippers (Washed, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces)|
1. Break the chocolate into smaller pieces and place in a microwaveable bowl.
2. Melt the chocolate on low heat in the microwave in 1-minute increments at first, then 30-second increments once it’s almost fully melted. Stir between each increment.
3. In a small pot over medium heat, melt the butter with the cream and yogurt. Stir constantly and don’t let it boil.
4. Add rum and mix well.
5. Once your chocolate has melted, transfer to your chocolate fondue pot
and add the warm butter/cream/yogurt/rum mixture.
6. Light up the tea light (or turn on the electric fondue pot to the appropriate setting for chocolate or low heat).
7. Place a piece of fruit on a fondue fork or bamboo stick and dip.
8. Enjoy and repeat. Use your dipper to stir the fondue from time to time to prevent it from burning right above the candle.
Note: You may need to trim the wick if it’s longer than 1 cm (about 1/2 inch).
Other Chocolate Fondue Recipes
If you liked this chocolate rum fondue recipe, you may be interested in trying the other chocolate fondue recipes we’ve included on our website.
If you enjoy chocolate rum fondue and other types of fondues such as cheese fondue and meat fondue in either hot oil or broth, you may want to invest in a versatile 3 in 1 fondue pot that is suitable for all fondue types.
I recommend the Trudeau Alto 3 In 1 Electric Fondue Set
No more fondue fuel to buy and no more fire hazard!